|HEAT ITSM Problem Management gives you tools to initiate actions to correct or minimize adverse impact from problems and address the root cause by focusing on known errors. You can pinpoint a problem’s source, allowing the service desk to correct issues quickly. By relating problems to particular incidents, known errors and changes, the ITSM integrated solution promotes visibility of current status with real-time dashboards, an “at-a-glance” problem board, and technician status alerts. By introducing problem management to the service desk, incidents, problems and errors can be managed as a lifecycle. Problem Management results in identification of the root cause of the error; errors are then systematically eliminated. In this way, proactive problem management decreases the quantity of incidents as trends are analyzed and permanent fixes are implemented.
Look Deeper Inside
- Lower the number of incidents
- Reduce the likelihood of repeat incidents
- Elevate service levels while lowering costs
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Improve ability to identify IT infrastructure problems
- Improve speed of issue resolution and problem diagnosis
- Minimize the impact of incidents, avoid unnecessary or unplanned downtime
- Allocate staff more effectively
- Gain support for complex workflows and high-level integration
- Provide high level communications between IT functional units and the end users being supported
- Simple, intuitive user interface — Accelerate incident logging and resolution with an easy-to-navigate incident management user interface that puts service desk tasks just a click or two away
- Automatic, intelligent routing — Automatically route incidents based on category types and priority levels
- Auto-escalation and notification — Set up the system to automatically escalate incidents based on predetermined business rules and alert staff when issues are not resolved
- Real-time reporting — View service desk data across the entire organization-from a single dashboard!
- Quick-close incident management option — Auto-close incidents based on preconfigured close parameters
- Link Incidents, Problems and Known Errors — to critical business services to prioritize resources based on business impact
- Remote support and end user access — Reduce costs and speed incident management resolution with smart client and Web client compatibility
- Support for regulatory compliance — Address internal IT controls and regulatory guidelines with full audit and logging capabilities and advanced reporting and analytics
- Big-picture view — Easily relate problems to incidents and changes, and quickly associate them with the appropriate resolution.
- Problem board — Alert technicians to the status of known issues, easing troubleshooting and assignments
- Support for industry best practices — Enhanced support for internal IT controls and industry best practices, such as ITIL, COBIT and ISO