IBM Tivoli® Netcool®/OMNIbus operations management software consolidates complex IT and network operation management tasks.
Improve service availability and resiliency with real-time service management for data centers, network operations centers and IT domains.
- Delivers a central point of real-time service management for business applications, network devices, Internet protocols and security devices
- Enables you to identify and resolve the most critical problems with automated event correlation, isolation and resolution capabilities
- Consolidates data in operational silos into real-time Web dashboard views with customizable displays of events, service views and operational indicators
- Supports current and evolving standards and uses approved cryptographic providers to help ease security audits
- Utilizes customizable lightweight agents to collect business and technology events from more than 1,000 sources in real time
- Provides tight integration with the IBM Tivoli Monitoring family to measure performance and user experience with business applications and to monitor Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus itself—generating alarms based on user-defined thresholds
- Offers operations management software that integrates
Around-the-clock management and automation
IBM Tivoli Netcool®/OMNIbus™ software delivers real-time, centralized monitoring of complex networks and IT domains. With scalability that exceeds millions of events per day, Netcool/OMNIbus offers around-the-clock management and automation to help you deliver continuous uptime of business services and applications, optimize operations costs and efficiency, and improve time to market. Environments supported by Netcool/OMNIbus software include a vast array of network devices, Internet protocols, systems, business applications and security devices. Because the software offers breadth of coverage, rapid deployment, ease of use and exceptional scalability and performance, enterprises and service providers worldwide can leverage the Netcool/OMNIbus suite to manage the world’s largest, most complex environments.
Many customers use IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus to manage tens of millions of events daily.The software can be deployed in a distributed, parallel or hierarchical fashion to support complex operations environments that span diverse geographic boundaries. Because it couples scalability with a flexible architecture, the software can deliver robust event management to support environments of any size. When the software detects faults, they are processed in the ObjectServer, a high-speed, in-memory database that collects events from across the infrastructure in real time. Netcool/OMNIbus then eliminates duplicate events and filters events through an advanced problem escalation engine. The software enables your staff to hone in on the most critical problems and even automate the isolation and resolution of those problems.
To actively collect business and technology events from more than 1,000 sources in real time, use Netcool Probes™. These lightweight agents and applications look for events and traps, and monitor network devices across the business. You can also develop and customize Netcool Probes to support virtually any kind of “event,” such as those generated by proprietary business applications. In addition to the Netcool Probes, you can deploy the IBM Tivoli® Monitoring family that integrates with Netcool/OMNIbus to proactively measure user experiences and performance across applications — and generate alarms based on thresholds you establish.
Your organization can also assimilate data from applications and the operations environment into service views by using IBM Tivoli Netcool/Webtop™. Netcool/Webtop provides your executives, line-of-business managers, operations personnel and customers with real-time, customizable views of faults, services and key performance indicators. Highly customizable dashboards offer an array of images, graphical maps, charts, tables and event lists that are tailored according to your requirements — showing the “big picture” of a service or the specific devices that may be causing a problem.
Are you consideringIBM Tivoli Netcool®/OMNIbus™ for your organizaton? Let the Kifinti Solutions expert team help you. We can leverage our many successful implementations and strong industry relationships to help make your project a success. Ask about a free product evaluation.